This feature is currently in beta
In this article, you will learn how to set up Free Text custom fields.
There are two ways you can assign users to free text custom fields, manually from the User profile or in bulk using a CSV file.
Adding a value from the User profile
- Go to the People page
- Search for the desired user
- Under Account settings, click Edit
- Go to the Custom fields section
- Enter the desired value into the Custom field input
- Click Save settings
You can define the free text values for many users at the same time using a CSV upload. After creating the custom field, you can assign values to it using a list of user emails.
- Create a CSV file with two columns, one labelled “email” and one labelled “value”. (there is a template found on the CSV modal)
- Each row has to contain the user email and the custom field value to assign
- Go to your Account settings and open Custom fields under the Cost management section
- Click on the Team Member tab
- Click Edit on the desired free text custom field
- Under Bulk Upload, click Import options from CSV
- Drag and drop or select the CSV file you have previously created
- Click Import options
Example of a CSV upload for Booking fields using Free text option
Below is an example of adding a Custom Field with values related to travel reasons. The column title "name" and "value" must be used, do not edit this.
This information will be displayed on the Trip booking