This feature is currently in beta
In this article, you will learn how to assign users to the values of a Select custom field option.
There are two ways to assign values to team member custom fields, from the Custom field edit page or from the User profile.
Setting a value from the Custom field Edit page
- Go to your Account settings and open Custom fields under the Cost Management section
- Select Edit on the custom field you would like to assign users to.
- Select the Edit Icon of the select option you want to assign a user to and the Select side panel will appear
- Search for the user and select that user.
- Click Save Changes on the select option panel
- Click Save Changes on the custom field view page
Setting a value from the User profile
- Go to the People page and search for the user you would like to update
- Open the User profile by clicking on its name
- Scroll down and click on the Edit button in the Account settings section
- Click on the select option you would like to update
- Click on Save settings
Important: The assignation of users cannot be done through a CSV upload. CSV upload is only for creating the list of options themselves.