Who can use this feature?
- Only admins have access to the Express Approvals settings.
When it comes to modifying a trip that is happening soon, or is already in progress, fast approvals can make all the difference. Depending on the approval rules you set, modification requests might trigger another approval. But if approvals take too long:
- 😰 It can be a very stressful for your travelers, who are left waiting, unsure what to do.
- 📈 It can be costly for your company. As around 10% of flights end up sold out before being approved, and prices can rise by up to 200% when the departure date gets closer.
To avoid this, it’s important to set rules to handle approvals of modifications requests, defining if an approval is needed, and for which type of modifications.
You can choose among 4 types of express approvals of trip modifications (see options below):
How can I set it up?
For any existing approval process, we have selected by default the express approval type that best reflects your approval process’ rules. To review or edit it, and activate it, all you need to to do is:
- Go to the Approval processes page in your account.
- Click on the three dots in the top corner of your approval process and select "Edit", then click on "Activate feature".
- Review the selected approval for changes to booked trips. If you make any changes, remember to then click on "Save changes", otherwise, click “Cancel” to leave it as is.
For any new approval process, you’ll be asked to select one of the approval types.
- What is the recommended type of express modification based on?
- Will I be able to add a price threshold for approvals?
- Can I customize admin out-of-hour time (eg. to set holidays, part-time, different weekend days, and bank holidays according to geo, etc.)?
- Will I be able to change the default express approval type after activating it?
- Will I be able to deactivate the express approvals?
- How long will the beta period last?
- What if I don't activate the feature?
- How does the cost center attribution work?
What is the recommended type of express approvals based on?
The recommend express approval type is the one that best reflects your existing approval rules.
- If you have “Notify if ” -> Then, the recommended express approval is “Simple reschedule”.
- If you have “No approval needed” -> Then, the recommended express approval is “Executive Travel”.
Will I be able to add a price threshold for approvals?
No, currently this is not possible. But it is something we are looking to introduce in the next iterations of this product, depending on your feedback. In this first version, you can choose the “Set up your own rules” type to combine the different approval options as best suits you.
Can I customize admin out-of-hour time (eg. to set holidays, part-time, different weekend days, and bank holidays according to geo, etc.)?
In this first iteration of express approvals, the out-of-hour time is set to consider the weekend (Friday night to Sunday), but we will include more options in the future iterations of this feature, based on your feedback.
Will I be able to change the default express approval type after activating it?
Yes, you will be able to edit the approval type any time after activating it, like any other policy and approval setting.
Will I be able to deactivate the express approvals?
No, but you will be able to edit the approval type. If you select "Set up your own rules", you will be able to define your preferred approval flow in case of modifications to a booked trip.
How long will the beta period last?
The beta period will last until October 10, 2022. After that date we will activate the feature for all accounts. You will always be able to review and edit the setting at any time after that date.
What if I don't activate the feature?
On October 10, we will activate the feature for all accounts that have up to 25 active approval processes, with the recommended express approval type. For all accounts that have over 25 active approval processes, the feature will remain optional even after October 10.
How does the cost center attribution work?
If you select one of the pre-set express approvals (Executive travel, Simple Reschedule, Admin out-of-hours), it will follow the same rules that you set for each policy. That’s to say, it will follow the specified approver by cost center, or revert to company default when not specified.
If you select “ Set up your own rules”, this overrides everything and you are forced to select an approver.