What you’ll learn in this article: what supplier credits are, and how to apply them to a new booking directly on TravelPerk. You'll also learn about how redeemed supplier credits are reflected in your company's invoicing and reporting.
What are supplier credits?
Supplier credits are credits handed by the airlines (or trains) for future use. You can apply these credits to pay for your next bookings with those same suppliers.
Redemption of these credits are subject to the airline/train provider's policies.
Booking a new trip with a supplier credit (flight or train)
You can easily use a supplier credit when booking a new trip on TravelPerk. Simply follow the same steps you're already used to.
The supplier credit must be used by the original traveler and can't be transferred to another traveler in the company.
- Select the type of service you wish to book (e.g. flights, trains), enter the destination and dates of the trip, and select the traveler
- Press Search flights/ Search trains
- When the results load, if there are any pending vouchers or open tickets available, you'll see a banner a the top of the page stating how much credit and which airlines or train operators they're for. You will see your top 3 airline/train pending credits when searching.
- Choose your preferred flight/train option, add it to your itinerary, and give your trip a name
- During checkout, a message under your itinerary will remind you that the voucher/open ticket will be used for your trip where possible
- Finish the booking by asking for approval (if applicable) and confirming the payment
- You're done! You'll receive the booking confirmation in your email
Please note: your request will be handled manually by our Customer Care team, so you won't receive the confirmation email straight away. We'll do our best to handle it and confirm the booking as soon as possible. We'll also inform you about any price increases and stay in touch with you throughout the whole process.
How do I know that the supplier credit has been applied to my booking?
Once your booking has been made, you'll receive a booking confirmation email that will show the breakdown of the booking price—including if any voucher credit was applied. Look for the green text that tells you, for example, "British Airways voucher applied".
Do I need to worry about my supplier credits expiring?
Yes, our Customer Care team will provide you with this information when the supplier credit is given. It is your responsibility to use these credits before they expire or otherwise check with our team if the period can be extended.
How will the supplier credits tickets be reflected on my invoices?
- Once the credit is used, you'll receive a credit note corresponding to the redeemed amount from the original (affected) booking
- The new booking (which was made using the supplier credit) will be reflected on your invoice, showing the full value of the booking, without any voucher discount.
How can I find out the status of my company's reimbursements?
To get this information, simply reach out to your TravelPerk account manager and we'll gladly pull up a report. If you don't have an account manager assigned yet, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.