What you’ll learn in this article: what vouchers and open tickets are, and how to apply them to a new booking directly on TravelPerk. You'll also learn about how redeemed vouchers and open tickets are reflected in your company's invoicing and reporting.
What are vouchers and open tickets?
- Vouchers are new documents issued by an airline or train provider, worth the value of your purchased ticket which can be used towards a new booking.
- Open tickets are extensions of your existing ticket validity, which can be used for future rebooking.
Vouchers and open tickets are subject to the airline/train provider's policies.
Booking a new trip with a voucher or open ticket
You can easily use a voucher or open ticket when booking a new trip on TravelPerk. Simply follow the same steps you're already used to.
The voucher credit must be used by the original traveler and can't be transferred to another traveler in the company.
- Select the type of service you wish to book (e.g. flights, trains), enter the destination and dates of the trip, and select the traveler
- Press Search flights/ Search trains
- When the results load, if there are any pending vouchers or open tickets available, you'll see a banner a the top of the page stating how much credit and which airlines or train operators they're for. You will see your top 3 airline/train pending credits when searching.
- Choose your preferred flight/train option, add it to your itinerary, and give your trip a name
- During checkout, a message under your itinerary will remind you that the voucher/open ticket will be used for your trip where possible
- Finish the booking by asking for approval (if applicable) and confirming the payment
- You're done! You'll receive the booking confirmation in your email
Please note: your request will be handled manually by our Customer Care team, so you won't receive the confirmation email straight away. We'll do our best to handle it and confirm the booking as soon as possible. We'll also inform you about any price increases and stay in touch with you throughout the whole process.
How do I know that the voucher/open ticket has been applied to my booking?
Once your booking has been made, you'll receive a booking confirmation email which will show the breakdown of the booking price—including if any voucher credit was applied. Look for the green text that tells you, for example, "British Airways voucher applied".
For open tickets
Redeeming open tickets will be reflected as a change to your original booking. The amount linked to the change means that you are charged a price difference (if any) after using your credit.
Do I need to worry about my vouchers or open tickets expiring?
Not at all. Our Customer Care team will do that for you and keep you in the loop in case any of your vouchers or open tickets are close to expiring. In those cases, we will try to request a refund or extension of the expiry date. Bear in mind that while it’s highly unlikely the credit will be lost, we can’t always guarantee this.
How will vouchers/open tickets be reflected on my invoices?
- Once the voucher is used, you'll receive a credit note corresponding to the redeemed amount from the original (affected) booking
- The new booking (which was made using the voucher credit) will be reflected on your invoice, showing the full value of the booking, without any voucher discount.
For open tickets
As redeeming open tickets will be reflected as a change to your original affected booking, you will only receive an invoice for any price difference paid after using your available credit.
How can I find out the status of my company's reimbursements?
To get this information, simply reach out to your TravelPerk account manager and we'll gladly pull up a report. If you don't have an account manager assigned yet, please send an email to email@example.com.