What you'll learn in this article: If your company uses Okta as an identity provider, you can easily set up SSO on your own. Here's how.
Depending on the identity provider your company uses and which protocol you would like to use, you can configure SSO on your own. TravelPerk provides self-setup for Azure, G Suite, OneLogin, and Okta using OAuth. The rest of the identity providers will be configured using SAML.
Setting up a new application in your Okta account
- From the Admin Dashboard, click on the Applications drop-down menu
- Choose Applications
- Click Add Application
- Click on Create New App, this will launch the App Integration Wizard (AIW) that will allow you to create a custom app
- On the Create a New Application (AIW), select OpenID Connect as Sign on method
- Click on Create. This will create a new OpenID Connect integration
- Enter the following:
- Application name: TravelPerk
- Application Logo: (Optional)
- Login redirect URIs: copy the login redirect URI from TravelPerk and paste it here
- Logout redirects URIs
- Click Save. This will create a new **Client ID** and **Client secret** that you will need to copy into the TravelPerk integration
Keep in mind: Make sure users have access to this new application. Go to the Assignments tab and make sure the right People and Groups are added to it.
Setting up the new SSO integration in your TravelPerk account
- You need to have admin rights in TravelPerk to be able to set this up.
To configure a new SSO login, follow these steps:
- Go to Company Settings > Integrations > SSO
- Click on Setup
- Click on Okta OAuth2 button. This will take you to the configuration of a new Okta integration.
- Copy the Client ID and Client secret from your application
- Paste the Client ID and Client secret on the SSO setup
- Enter your company subdomain and press Authenticate
- Authenticate using your Okta credentials
- After signing in, your account will be linked and you will be taken to the SSO settings page on TravelPerk.
- Additionally, you can automate the provisioning and management of the users from Okta: it is possible to create, manage, edit or delete users automatically from Okta. Follow these guidelines for more information!
To read about the available SSO options, go to this article: What SSO settings can I customize?
To know how to set up SSO for other identity providers with OAuth, you may refer to the articles below: