Which car rental agencies can I book from?
You can find cars available from the following rental agencies on the TravelPerk platform:
If there’s an option you’d like to book that you can’t find on the platform, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help out.
How do I book a car on the platform?
Follow these steps to make your booking:
- Go to the Home page
- Select the Cars tab
- Enter your pick-up and drop-off location, and select the date/time
- Add the main driver for the trip and press Search cars
- Browse the search results and when you like the look of a rental car, press See details
- If you're happy with the car details and rental conditions, press Add to trip
- Give your trip a name and press Continue
- Select the invoicing details and payment method, then press Confirm payment. That's it! Your car is booked.
Can I book a car that’s not available on TravelPerk?
Not all of our suppliers offer car rentals in every country.
How do I pick up my car?
After completing your booking, we’ll send you a PDF with your "Confirmation Number" and the "Voucher code". You’ll need to show this document at the rental desk.
You’ll also need:
- Your driving license with you to pick up your rental car. Hire car companies expect drivers to have held their full license for at least two years. Provisional licenses aren’t accepted.
- An International Driving Permit, as well as your own driving license for some countries.
- A credit card under the name of the main driver.
- An additional ID for the main driver (A passport works just fine!)
If you have a UK driving license and you’re renting a car in the UK, you may be asked for a code at the car hire counter. You can find out more here.
Remember to provide all the identification documents indicated.
Please contact us if you have any issues during the pick-up process and our Customer Care team will assist you as necessary.
Can I add a second driver to my booking?
If you want to add someone as an additional driver, they’ll need to be with you when you pick up your car and show their driver's license, which they must have held for at least two years.
If they can’t be present at the pick-up, they can also add themselves later on in the trip by returning to the car rental counter with the main driver.
Can I add a car loyalty program to my booking?
You sure can! That means you won't miss out on earning points when traveling for work.
- Go to Your profile, then Loyalty programs
- Press Add a loyalty program
- Type or select your loyalty program from the list
- Enter your loyalty program number, and press Save program
How can I add extras to my car booking?
Once you select a car, you’ll see a specific list of available extras you can choose from. If you need to add any extras to your booking, just turn on the switch next to your required extra. The cost of the extra will be included in the total cost of your car rental, as well as in the voucher that we’ll send to you once your booking is completed.
Note: Additional requests cannot be guaranteed and additional fees may apply depending on the request and the rental agency's policies. In any case, just write down your requests and we will get back to you with the options and costs as soon as possible.
Can I book a car if I'm under 26 years?
If you’re a driver under 26 years old, please contact us. Our Customer Care team will assist you in finding the best options, as some of our vendors may require you to pay an underage fee when you go to pick up your vehicle.
Note: If you’re 21 to 26, additional fees may apply depending on the rental agency and location policy.
How do I book a car for a long period (more than 28 days)?
Our platform currently accepts bookings of up to 28 days. Most rental agencies will ask the main driver to renew their contract within that period for any longer bookings. However, you can contact us and our Customer Care team will assist you if you need to book a car for longer than 28 days or extend an existing booking.
How should I define my company’s car rental policy?
You can include two main provisions in your company’s car rental policy to cover the basic rules for employees.
- Advance booking: under this section, you can define how many days in advance car bookings should be made.
- Global budget: under this section, you can clarify budget limitations per car booking.
My company has a corporate discount code with one of the rental agencies available on TravelPerk. Can I add it to my bookings?
Yes! If you have a corporate discount code, don’t hesitate to inform your account manager as we’ll be able to add it to the platform for all of your bookings.
Can I drive my rental car anywhere?
This depends on the rental agency you choose. Please check the rental conditions provided on their website, or make a request to our customer care team.
Is there any fee to change or cancel my car rental?
TravelPerk does not charge any change or cancellation fees. We’re currently working with rental agencies that offer free cancellations before pick up, so you’re entitled to a full refund.
If, however, you cancel the car rental after the pick-up time, a ‘no show’ fee may be applied by the rental agency.