An open return is a flexible ticket with no specific return time or date. All fare types, such as Advanced Single, Anytime Return, and Off Peak Return, are available.
Booking an open return ticket:
- Go to the Home page
- Select the Trains tab and choose Open return
- Enter the date, destination and travelers for your trip, and click Search trains
- Choose a train and fare then click Continue
- If you're happy with selected trains, click Add to trip
- Give your trip a name and click Continue
- Select the invoicing details and payment method, then click Confirm payment to book your train
You can read more about collecting your tickets here: Getting your train tickets.