Who can use this feature?
- Only Admins have access to the company settings and invoice profiles.
An invoice profile determines which legal entity a trip should be invoiced to.
Not sure what an Invoice Profile is? Head on over to the article What is an Invoice Profile? to find out more.
As an admin, you can assign people to one or more invoice profiles to ensure each trip is invoiced to the correct legal entity.
There are two ways to assign people to an invoice profile:
- When creating a new traveler
- From the invoice profile section of company settings
Assigning an invoice profile when creating a new traveler
- Go to People
- Press Add a new person
- Select the correct invoice profile for this person from the list
- Press Save
Assigning people to an invoice profile from company settings
- Go to Company settings
- Go to Invoice profiles
- Press New invoice profile or Edit an existing one
- At the end of that form, you will have the option to assign people to that invoice profile. Anyone who is not an admin will only be able to see the invoice profiles which they are assigned to during checkout.
- Press Create invoice profile or Save invoice profile to complete the action.
Good to know: If people are not assigned an invoice profile, they will automatically be set the company default. They will not be able to choose between other invoice profiles.
Tip: people can be assigned multiple invoice profiles. Company admins will always be able to choose from all invoice profiles.