This guide is meant for a Company Administrator setting up TravelPerk for the company.
Whether you're onboarding 5 or 5,000 people onto TravelPerk, we understand that introducing your team to a new and unfamiliar tool can be a daunting task. Our Account Managers at Travelperk are available 24/7 to guide you through the process. If you haven’t done so, request a demo and one of our Account Managers will assist you.
Also, you might want to head over to the What is TravelPerk article if you'd like a refresher about TravelPerk in general. If your company’s TravelPerk account has already been set up, and you would like to join as a traveler, then our Getting started for new Travelers guide is where you should go.
Step 1 — Onboard Your Travelers
Let’s start by adding travelers to your Travelperk company account. There are 3 ways to onboard new users:
Step 2 — Set up a Payment Method
There are currently two different payment options to choose from. Most companies will choose to pay for their trips with a credit card, but you may also use a SEPA payment method instead. You can change your preferred payment method at any time, and remember, TravelPerk is 100% free and you will never - ever - be charged a fee.
Jump to the Payment Help Page to learn more.
Step 3 — Create an Invoice Profile
An Invoice profile determines to what Legal Entity a trip should be invoiced to. When creating a TravelPerk account the company name is automatically used to create the first Invoice Profile, which is set as the company default. Take our example company, Hooli, they have 5 offices around the world and have created an Invoice Profile for each office:
- Hooli Ltd (HQ) invoiced in GBP
- Hooli Inc (US office) invoiced in USD
- Hooli SL (Spanish Office) invoiced in EUR
- Hooli GmbH (German office) invoiced in EUR
- Hooli SPA (Italian office) invoiced in EUR
Jump to the section Invoice Profile in the Help Center to learn more.
Step 4 (Optional) — Choose a Policy and Approval Process
TravelPerk lets you set up and automate your company’s travel policies and approval process in under 2 minutes. Go to Company Settings → Travel Policy & Approvals to set your restrictions for flights, hotels, and your approval settings. For example, you can choose how many days in advance a trip can be booked or set limitations on hotel prices and cabin classes.
You can also set an approval process that fits your company needs best. Pick from three levels of approval control:
- Unrestricted - All your travelers can book any flight and hotel. Administrators will be notified by email for each out-of-policy booking
- Moderate - All your travelers need to be approved by an administrator to book flights and hotels which are “out of policy”. Administrators can book anything without an approval
- Strict - All your travelers need to be approved by an administrator to book any flight or hotel. Administrators can book anything without an approval
Here's what your Travel Policy page might look like:
More information can be found in the Policy and Approvals article at the Help Center.
Step 5 — Manage your company’s business travels, in one place
And you’re all set! Now you can start managing all your business travel and travelers in one place.
Here are some articles you might find useful:
- How to book a flight
- How to book a hotel
- How to approve or decline a trip, a step by step guide.
- Cost centers are useful for tracking expenses from different groups (teams, offices, projects etc.) Here’s how to set up your Cost Centers.
- Here’s how you can track business travel expenses with the Reporting feature. And as promised, all your invoices can be found in one place!
- Here are some ideas about how you can wisely use Labels to drill down your travel expenses.
- Finally, here’s how to integrate TravelPerk with other smart tools, such as Expensify, or to your Calendar.
Tip: Announce TravelPerk internally to your team using this email template. 📻
Now that your team is ready for taking off ✈️, hop over to the Getting Started for new Travellers Guide where we'll show you how to manage your account settings, create and book trips, add loyalty programs, and other neat features to make your business travels simpler and much more enjoyable.
For any emergency, last minute change or cancellation, you can easily contact our 24/7 customer support 💁.
And don’t forget the other articles on this Help Center for specific questions and everything else.