- Only Admins have access to the Company Settings.
Approvals let you decide who can book what, so you can manage your company’s travel activities and costs.
You can create approval settings at 3 levels:
- Company level: The default approval settings for all employees
- Group level: Approval settings for the members of a group
- User level: Approval setting for a specific user
By default, your company will have no approval settings set when you start using TravelPerk. This means that all employees can book their travel without any restriction.
Within each approval level, you can set restrictions:
- All bookings can be made without approval
- All bookings can be made without approval, except those that are “out of policy”
- Approval is required for every booking
Additionally, you can nominate the approver(s) for each group or user:
- Bookings from the company, group or user have to be approved by their nomiated approver(s)
- If no approver(s) is nominated, requests will be the sent to the company administrators
Important to know: The approval settings are hierarchical, meaning TravelPerk will:
- Use the approval settings defined specifically for the booker
- If no approval setting is defined for the booker, use the one defined for the group(s) they belong(s) to
- If no approval setting is defined for their group(s), use the setting defined for the company
- If no approval setting is defined for the company, then no approval is needed for this traveler
Good to know: If a booker is a member of multiple groups, we will always use the least restrictive group
Create an Approval Setting
To set up an approval process, follow these steps:
- Go to Company Settings, then Approval Settings
- If you haven't created an approval setting, click "Add Approval Setting"
- Select the level these settings should apply to: it could be the entire company, a group, or a single person
- Select the control measures that apply to the company, group or user
- (Optional) Nominate the approver(s) for a specific company, group, or person (if no approver is added, the company administrators will be the approvers)
- Save your approval settings
Good to know: It is always safe to delete or update your approval settings. When you delete an approval setting, existing trips and submissions for approval will not be affected. The original approvers will still be able to approve all pending trip requests.