- You need a Pro or Premium account
- You need to be an Admin to use this feature
Set up an approval process
- Go to Account settings
- Click Travel management
- Select Approval processes
- Click New approval process
- Give the approval process a name
- Select the users this process will apply to
If some users don’t require approval for their trips, select No and you choose if you want to receive notifications about their bookings.
Choosing approval rules
An approval rule is a set of conditions made up of an approval type, an approver or reviewer, and an approval setting. There are two approval types:
- Request approval - Sends an approval request email to an approver
- Send notification - Sends a notification email to a reviewer, but they can’t approve or decline
- Under Who should approve their trip? select the approval type
- To choose the person or people who’ll approve trips or receive email notifications about the booking, click select approver
- To define which type of trips the rule applies to, click select setting
- Select the type of approval for changes to trips
To learn more about approvals for trip changes, see Managing approvals for trip changes
Types of approval process
- Default - this applies on an account level to all users with no other approval processes in place.
- No approval needed - this allows users to book trips with no approval needed.
If a user is attached to multiple approval processes, the least restrictive one applies.
Approval processes with integrations
To learn more, see Set up an approval process with an integration.