- You need a pro or premium account and to be an Admin to use this feature
Admins can create and manage approval processes from the Approval processes page in Account settings. Approval processes can be manually created, or automatically generated using an integration.
Create an approval process
- Go to Account settings
- Click Travel management
- Click Approval processes
- Give the approval process a name
- Select the users this process will apply to
If some users don’t require approval for their trips, select No. You’ll then be able to choose if you want to receive notifications about their bookings.
Choosing approval rules
An approval rule is a set of conditions made up of an approval type, an approver or reviewer, and an approval setting.
Choose an approval type
First, select an approval type from the two options:
- Request approval - Sends an approval request email to an approver
- Send notification - Sends a notification email to a reviewer but they can’t approve or decline
Choose an approver or reviewer
This is the person or people who’ll approve trips or will receive email notifications about the booking.
Choose an approval setting
What type of trip does this rule apply to:
- Out-of-policy trips
- In-policy trips
- All trips
Types of approval process
- Default - This would apply on an account level to all employees with no other approval processes in place.
- No approval needed - this allows travelers to book trips freely with no approval needed.
If a user is attached to multiple approval processes, the least restrictive one applies.
Approval processes from integrations
You can read more about this at Setting up an integrations approval process
Approvals for changes to booked trips
You can read more about this at Managing approvals for trip changes