Travel policies are a Premium feature
Creating a travel policy for the first time
If you're an admin, you can create different travel policies and assign them to people in your company to help manage travel spend.
The first time you'll start by creating the default travel policy—this policy will automatically apply to all employees. You can always create additional travel policies for specific travelers that need other rules.
- Go to Company settings, then Travel policy
- Press Get started
- Enter a travel policy name, the main budget per service, and the booking window you'd like to set for your policy.
Once you have the default policy created, you can always add or change any details by pressing Edit on each section.
Editing a travel policy
Travel policies are customizable so they fit your specific business needs. Here are all the details you can consider for each of the services:
For Flights ✈️
- Dynamic budget: set a percentage cap that allows your policy to remain flexible—even with fluctuating flight prices
- Maximum budget: set the maximum budget for all flights, no matter the destination
- Budget exceptions: set a different budget for specific countries or routes
- Domestic flight exceptions
- Flight route exceptions
- Booking window: define how many days in advance flight bookings should be made
- Cabin classes: choose which cabin classes are allowed
- Cabin class exceptions: for flights over a certain number of hours, you can allow other cabin classes
For Hotels 🏨
- Dynamic budget: set a percentage cap that allows your policy to remain flexible—even with fluctuating hotel prices
- Maximum budget: set the maximum budget per room per night, no matter the destination
- Budget exceptions: set different hotel budgets for specific cities or countries
- Booking window: define how many days in advance hotel bookings should be made
- Maximum stars: choose which hotel star rating travelers can book
For Cars 🚗
- Daily budget: set the upper limit of what travelers can spend per day on a car rental
- Booking window: define how many days in advance car bookings should be made
For Trains 🚂
- Default budget: set the upper limit of what travelers can spend per train ticket
Tip: as an admin, you can also see the travel policies assigned to each traveler and details of those policies from the People directory.