- Only Admins can use this feature
You can automatically base approval processes on your company hierarchy with integrations.
To set this up:
- Go to Account settings
- Select Integrations
- Find your HR system and click Set up for
Automated approval processes won't let you edit any members or approvers set in the HR system. Any change made in your organization will automatically sync and be reflected on the approval processes page.
When enabling automated processes, existing ones will be deleted and replaced with new automated ones. You can save existing ones by downloading them as a CSV.
Disabling approval processes
When disabling the automated approval processes you can either:
- Delete all approval processes to start new
- Convert all existing automated approval processes into manual ones
Manual approval processes will overrule automated ones, and automated approval processes will overrule the default. If you need automated approval processes for most users with a few exceptions, you can create manual approval processes for those exceptions.
Managing approval processes
Once approval processes are created or synced from your integration, you can:
- Search for a specific approval process by members or approver names
- Filter by Category - manual approvals or automated approvals
- Filter by Approval setting - in-policy, out-of-policy, no approval needed
- Update any manual approval process
You can delete or update your approval process at any time. Deleting an approval process won't affect existing trips and requests. Original approvers will still be able to approve all pending trip requests.